Awning Living Guide
Posted on 2013-12-31 by SarahAn awning makes your patio or outdoor spaces far more livable, so here a wonderful guide to make the most of your awning living:
1. Choose the right awning: An awning is going to provide you with sun protection, shade, temperature control, as well as give your outdoor space a punch of color. However, if you donât get the right awning, much of this wonât happen.
First, choose an awning made of high quality materials. Look for fabric lines such as Sunbrella that have sun protection seals, and a history of high quality products. Look for an awning that will be able to stand the test of time. An awning is outdoors, which means that it is going to be subjected to the elements. While you may retract the awning in rain, and wind, thus protecting it, it will still be dealing with the sun shining down on it, the dust, dirt, etc. of the outdoors. So, choose an awning that has a warranty so that you know that if you do your part, it will last, and if it doesnât, it will be replaced.
Second, choose the right size and type of awning. Retractable awnings are the best choice, as they can be extended when you want to use them, and retracted when you donât. Choose a size that works for your patio area. One great thing about retractable awnings is that you do not have to extend them all the way, so if you just need a few feet of shade, you just extend them that much.
Third, choose a color and style that fit your personal taste as well as the architecture of your home. If it doesnât look good, you wonât be happy about it, so make sure it looks nice and you select your colors carefully.
2. Get comfortable furniture: An awning is the first step to enjoying your outdoors, but you also need something to sit on under it. Choose furniture that fits the function you intend to use your patio for, and that is comfortable and inviting.
3. Consider sensors and extras to add value and longevity to your purchase: Sensors can be connected to automatic operating systems so that if the wind picks up and you are not around to retract your awning, it will do it automatically, adding life and value to your purchase.
4. Decorate: Make your patio area inviting and enjoyable by decorating it so that it looks nice and fits the flow of your homeâs interior.
5. Outdoor lighting: Lastly, to make more use of your awning, add some outdoor lighting so you can enjoy your outdoor spaces no matter what time of day it is, and so that you can illuminate the walkways, etc.
With a little bit of thought, your patio and awning covered space can be the real center of relaxation, entertaining, and fun in your home.
[ Back To Articles ]